DRAMA SERIES CO-WRITING RESIDENCY ISRAEL – FRANCE
The Drama Series Co-Writing Residency between Israel and France is a program initiated by the CNC (Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image animée), France and the GMFF (Gesher Multicultural Film Fund), Israel, in cooperation with the Israeli Scriptwriters Guild, The Israeli Producers Association and the French Embassy in Israel.
SERIES MANIA is one of the main partners of the project.
Please read bellow or go directly to the submission form
Call for applications
The Drama Series Co-Writing Residency between Israel and France launches its first call for applications!
Up to 5 (five) projects will be selected to take part in the residency.
Each project will be carried by a team composed by at least two screenwriters, one from Israel and one from France.
10 (ten) screenwriters in total will participate at the residency.
The 10 (ten) selected participants will take part at 2 (two) workshops, one in Israel and one in France.
The teams will have approximately 4 (four) months (from November to mid-March) to co-write the full bible of a fiction series.
During all this period, the selected teams will be trained by experienced tutors with whom they will have a regular contact online (emails, skype….).
They will have the opportunity to meet the tutors during the two workshops.
At the end of this process, the projects will be presented to potential international financial partners (producers, broadcasters, platforms…) during a dedicated pitching event that will take place during the SERIES MANIA FORUM (March 25-27, 2020 in Lille, France)
Target participants: professional scriptwriters, directors and creatives from Israel and France.
Applications: applications must be made by a team composed by at least two co-writers (one from Israel and one from France) with a common project.
IMPORTANT: screenwriters who wants to apply for the residency but don't have yet a partner or a project, can try to find a partner through a dedicated Facebook group opened by the CNC, GMFF and Series Mania
Outcome: A full bible of a fictional drama series.
Duration: Two workshops of approximatively one week, one in Israel (December 2019) and one in France (March 2020). In between the workshop's participants will have online sessions with experienced tutors.
Fee: The residency is totally free of charges for the selected participants. Travel and accommodation in Israel and in France will be provided ad well as a daily fee for daily expenses (food, local transportation…)
Deadline for applications: Monday, September 30 at midnight (CET).
Working language: English
- 01/07/2019: Publishing of the call for applications and launching of a Facebook group dedicated to find partners for writing. The group will be open for the whole duration of the submission process. Its goal is to allow for a fast and effective dialogue in order to find partners
- 01/07/2019 – 30/09/2019 (3 months): Time period for projects submission
- 01/10/2019 – 04/11/2019: Selection process of participating projects
- Mid-November: Official selection results are sent to the selected teams
- 09/12/2019 – 13/12/2019: Workshop in Israel
- 10/02/2020: deadline to send a project presentation for the Series Mania Forum dedicated pitching event
- 20/03/2020 – 27/03/2020: Workshop in Lille followed by the pitching event at Series Mania
Members of each selected team must be available and participate in the two workshops at SERIES MANIA FORUM.
Contacts & Informations
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
The call for applications is now over. The results of the selection will be announced in November.